I originally set out to capture my thoughts on the first season of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's adaptation of Garth Ennis and Darek Robertson's The Boys, which is a dark, satiric deconstruction of the superhero myth that positions those with superpowers as the villains. It's funny, violent, and exudes a kind of nihlistic joy. Some of it is hard to watch.
Maybe later in the week because right now I have a p0unding headache. WebMD is no help because they don't use that cool little outline of the human body to isolate your pain and tell you what's wrong with you. I'm left to my own devices here. The assumption must now be that my headache is likely caused from hunching over a computer all day, the stress of reading too much social media commentary on current events, or last night's Hamburger Helper (seriously, try my recipe!).
August is Blogust, though, which means a commitment to post here every day this month. Where does that leave me? I'm not in the frame of mind to share my analysis of The Boys and my mood is to say "just watch it for yourself and form your own opinion." Do I write for the sake of writing? The long answer would require a whole other post that I don't have the desire to write because I have a headace.
The short answer is "oh, alright."
So, here is my obligatory post. A Baker's Dozen list since I haven't done one of those in a long time.
13 RANDOM THOUGHTS I HAD TODAY WHILE DEALING WITH THIS STUPID HEADACHE:
1. This tuna I made is delicious. I should do a perfect recipe post.
2. I don't care what my friend Travis says. There is nothing wrong with liking country music. I mean, he works for a bank for God's sake.
3. The WebMD sympton checker once asked if I had ever participated in canniablism in Papua New Guinea. The answer to that question is still no.
4. It annoys when people tell actors, writers, recording artists, etc., to stick to performing. Or they tell athletes to stick to the game. I don't remember them telling Donald Trump to stick to reality shows.
5. I need toothpaste.
6. What are the cultural, societal, economic, and political ramifications of a serum that would allow extra-terrestrials to adopt human DNA and thus transform into one of us? Asking for a friend.
7. I'm so sick of "asking for a friend."
8. My favorite country song used to be "Folsom Prison Blues." I don't that's the case anymore.
9. I've long believed people would rather be right than be loved.
10. Idea for a story: a guy does a thing that causes some other stuff. I'll work out the details later.
11. What's happening on Twitter? <checks Twitter> I should leave Twitter.
12. Looks like spaghetti for dinner tonight and that, my friends is A WIN! If that's what passes for cannibalism in Papua New Guinea then, WebMD symption checker, the answer is a resounding YES!
13. Holy crap, it's 2:14. I need to get some work done.
I end this obligatory post with an obligatory music video I chose because I saw it posted somewhere else and realized I hadn't watched it a while.
15 views0 comments